Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A poem

Adapted and inspired from Maddox

I'm Saddam
Saddam I am
I do not like you,
Uncle Sam.

Would you like to bomb Iran?
We'll sell you the weapons, despite the ban.

I would not like to bomb Iran!
Praise be to Allah, and Koran!
Those weapons are against convention...

Nevermind Geneva, pay no attention!
We hate Iran, it's our contention.
We have no qualm, no apprehension!

I'll give this task to Ibrahim.
He'll make a plan!
He'll plot a scheme!

Business as usual
with your regime.

My inner circle
is full of turds.
Is it any surprise
that we'd gas the Kurds?

We knew you gassed them in '88.
We weren't concerned 'til you raided Kuwait.

You caused my invasion to be abated,
I'm now on your list of most hated.
Alright, you win I'll withdraw.
I'll also kill my son-in-law.

With so little blood
spilled on your soil,
your plot was much
too easy to foil.

Could this war
have been for oil?

What is this sound?
What is this treason?

Don't mind me,
I'm the voice of reason.
Now you've started another war,
in time for the election of 2004.

We won this war without a hitch!
You hippies have no right to bitch!

But won't this war
make you guys rich?

Who would you hire to repair Iraq?
Germany? Russia?
Or Jacques Chirac?
What will the media report without a war?
Real news is such a dreadful chore.

Shark attacks,SARS
invasion from Mars.
Terrorism, sports cars,
and Hollywood stars.

Until we declare war on North Korea,
we'll have to settle for this journalistic diarrhea.

This discourse could go on
but what's the use?

It's just a tribute
to Dr. Seuss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home